Hello from Australia

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
david

Hello from Australia

Post by david »

Thanks Tim for activating yeah i don't know what happened a/c said ok but when i went in to post it wouldn't log in.

Just saying hello to TEMUJIN so if anyone is perusing this section let him know please.
We have just completed a saga to rival Scott's anatartic expedition to get me up and running with SETI on Xandros,has cetainly been interesting.

How is the weather over there absolutely glorious over here today.wouldn't be dead for a quid(oops thats australian for a pre decimal pound)

Temujin i must talk to you about the team, i don't know whether you accept foreigners or not,but if i didn't offer to join it would be rather churlish of me after all the help and time you have so generously given to me.
Temujin

Re: Hello from Australia

Post by Temujin »

david wrote:Thanks Tim for activating yeah i don't know what happened a/c said ok but when i went in to post it wouldn't log in.

Just saying hello to TEMUJIN so if anyone is perusing this section let him know please.
We have just completed a saga to rival Scott's anatartic expedition to get me up and running with SETI on Xandros,has cetainly been interesting.

How is the weather over there absolutely glorious over here today.wouldn't be dead for a quid(oops thats australian for a pre decimal pound)

Temujin i must talk to you about the team, i don't know whether you accept foreigners or not,but if i didn't offer to join it would be rather churlish of me after all the help and time you have so generously given to me.
hi mate
glad you've made it in the end.
Right now its overcast and a dull 9C (a whopping 48F) so not quite a nice as down under.

No preasure to join UK BOINC Team mate but you'll be more than welcome if you want to.
We do have a good representation from around the world but I think that as yet, no ozzies, got a kiwi tho  :D

I've continued the saga on the seti board, so theres some new tasks for you.

Nice to hear from you mate
david

Post by david »

By jove your on the ball,a tad quicker than i.and most probably a much quicker and more accurate typer than me .
      Yes mate i would like to join,i have had a look around and people seem pretty friendly and comitted and we can't have Kiwi representation and not Australian just not the done thing.

Let me know what i need to do and i will get  it under way.

Saturday over here tomorrow and i go down to my local coffee house for a few hours usually arguing politics or quite often b/s but nonetheless most relaxing and enjoyable so i wouln't be able to do anything till then.

Just had a look at the questions & answers section on SETI but it is down for maintenance but i will most cetainly check out the new tasks rather enjoying myself with this project.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Welcome to the team  :lol: (a very dull and wet friday about 50f in Central London :( )
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Hi and Image to our team.

Terry
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Hello from Australia

Post by UBT - Timbo »

david wrote:Thanks Tim for activating yeah i don't know what happened a/c said ok but when i went in to post it wouldn't log in....
No worries.

Glad you made it in the end.... 8)

david wrote:Temujin i must talk to you about the team, i don't know whether you accept foreigners or not, but if i didn't offer to join it would be rather churlish of me after all the help and time you have so generously given to me.
Just jumping in here a little bit. 8)

Although the team goes by the name of "UK BOINC Team" and hence historically (mostly) the membership hails from UK, there's absolutely no reason why members from around the world can't join the Team as well......we already have a small contingent from various countries, so why not join in....the more the merrier... :!:

regards

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Welcome over to our little spot on the internet :lol:
AndyJG247

Post by AndyJG247 »

Yeah, Welcome  :)
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Welcome to the group  :D   :D
from a not so warm Nottingham (7C) :shaking:
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Image G'Day cobber, bonza ta have you aboard. So fire up the barbie crack open a coldie and join us pom's in getting to the No1 pozzy in the world.

Gary.
david

thank you

Post by david »

Thank you one and all for your WELCOME.

I must say i am rather impressed with the gif's and other adornements very clever must learn how to do them after i get a handle on Linux which the way i'm going will the year 2100 still to a man of my undoubted brilliance i may be able to shave a year or two of that :lol:

I gotta say i'm with Rockinfroggi a couple of coldies and good barby is the way to go then get the shelias to do the cleaning up.They are the rules by the way the men drink the beer burn the sausages and talk about the football the women do all the rest,time honoured tradition which cannot be transgressed by a mere mortal such as i.
Timby

Post by Timby »

Hi David and Image to the team, there are a few manic crunchers here Image (heres froggi at work) every one has been soooo helpful and friendly it makes the whole experiance much more pleasurable.
I was reading your posts and exploites with Linux with considerable interest as I was setting up a 64 Bit Ubuntu box!
Any way hope you enjoy your time with the team  Image

Mark
david

Post by david »

Thanks Timby,
                             Brilliant graphics,love em.

Yes everyone has been excellent.

The BOINC install would no doubt have been a lot smoother had i been more au fait with Linux but ah well we all gotta crawl before we walk.

My main computer is a amd 4600+ so it should crunch a few units,i have my hard drives on racks which i can take in and out if i need to change o/s i currently have 3 h/d 2 by 40gb and 1 by 80gb which i have xandros onThe one that is currently mt i plan to put kubuntu preferably with a live disc so i can crash around and try various things if i break something it doesn't matter,that way maybe i might learn something.

I also have an old 2100+amd with a soltek board that i might upgrade and play around with as well so Temujin is going to be busy keeping me on the straight and narrow,should be fun
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Image  to our team... may your stay be a long one. If you need any help just shout there will always be someone to give you a helping hand. :hello2:

bob.  :D