hello....

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
TheBritScott

hello....

Post by TheBritScott »

Sawadee Krab

Hello from Thailand.

I was just randomly browsing the net as I reinstalled my UD client, and then discovered the BOINC project and then you lot.

Now the only question I have, is how do I put my UD (points) into the BOINC.

I am here to support the UK and the research projects to improve mankind (although thats abit more difficult than just a computer program).

But not interested in SETI and the things like that, because I believe the government wouldn't tell you if you did find anything, because of the mass hysteria of - we are not alone -

Anyway hope thats not too confrontational view for my first post on here.

Thanks

S
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: hello....

Post by UBT - Timbo »

TheBritScott wrote:Sawadee Krab

Hello from Thailand.

I was just randomly browsing the net as I reinstalled my UD client, and then discovered the BOINC project and then you lot.

Now the only question I have, is how do I put my UD (points) into the BOINC.

I am here to support the UK and the research projects to improve mankind (although thats abit more difficult than just a computer program).

But not interested in SETI and the things like that, because I believe the government wouldn't tell you if you did find anything, because of the mass hysteria of - we are not alone -

Anyway hope thats not too confrontational view for my first post on here.

Thanks

S
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, UD points and BOINC credits cannot be merged together.... :cry:

However, we do have a WCG Team that you can join - go to the following link and search on "UK BOINC Team":

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/ ... chTeams.do

or go here for the Team link - we have 137 active members already:

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/ ... 9TGC4G1RP1

There are two versions of the WCG "client" you can run, and our WCG Team supports both of course although the UD points are not carried across to the BOINC stats.

Our recommendation would be that you run the BOINC client, as you can then choose to run other "interesting" projects, rather than the ones promoted by WCG. However, if you have a good number of UD points already, then why not continue with that !!

Hope this helps,

regards

Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi and welcome.

I just spent 10 minutes posting nearly exactly the same reply as our esteemed leader  :D

I've deleted it now as he writes better english than wot i do  :)
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

TheBritScott

Post by TheBritScott »

Ok thanks for the reply as well as the potential reply that was deleted.  I am now associated with your team.

So hows the weather in England? :)  

Thanks for the help

S
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

138 members now!

Good to have you on board!

Glad Tim managed to convince you to jump ship as it were!  :D

I think you're the second person to write here from Far East. We couldn't convince the other guy to leave his team!

If it wasn't for your name I'd still know you're from Britain - who else would ask about the weather! It's bright and sunny here in North Wales - though probably not as warm as where you are!

Where are you from originally?
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

TheBritScott

Post by TheBritScott »

Im from Suffolk, near Ipswich.  I have been living in Thailand for the past 2 years.  I live in Phuket, and thats not pronounced how its spelt.

Out here currently 33'C (it should say in my siganture but its not working).

Im out here relaxing enjoying life (while I am young) then I will worry about working hard when I am old!  I don't like to work hard while young and relax when I am old because all the fun would have been gone :)

Recommend it out here, if you want a great holiday albeit with family or single :)

Nothing would make you happier in the short term than being out here.  Long term... now its not the same :)

S
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Image and Image to the team Scott, weathers pretty good here in Middlesex (Surrey if you're feeling posh). Plenty of geeks here to help with any problems like your signature just don't ask me cuz I know nuffin. :shock:

Gary.
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

HI there good to have you aboard and the frog is fibbing he knows a thing or three so don't hesitate if ya need help with anything there will be some one who will help.

Terry
Timby

Post by Timby »

Image Scott, all good fun in this team plus the serious side of it with the projects that are being processed, as has allready been said everyone is very helpful and willing.
Hope your time with this team is enjoyable Image
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Welcome good choice of team and project :lol:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Welcome :hello2:
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Image to our team... may your stay be a long one. If you need any help just shout there will be always someone to give you a helping hand  :)

bob  :D
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Hi there and welcome to the group. Hope you stay a while and enjoy the company....
We are all slightly round the bend, so feel free to ask daft questions, just expect to get daft answers as well  :!: