The View from the Bridge (November)

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

The View from the Bridge (November)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

So, what have we got in store for November?

1) Well, there'll be a crunch towards the end of the month - more details when it's announced officially on 1st November.

2) Otherwise, we should be keeping an eye on our UK ranking position, so as to ensure we maintain our target of becoming the #1 UK ranked team on all projects.

So, for the following projects, our current UK ranking position is considered SAFE from being overtaken, for now:

BURP
BBC CCE
Chess 960
CPDN
SAP CPDN
Docking
Einstein
Leiden
LHC
Malaria
NanoHive
Pirates
Predictor
PrimeGrid
protein
Rectilinear
RenderFarm
RieselSieve
SETI Beta
SETI
SIMAP
Sztaki
uFluids
XtremLab

For the following projects, we can improve our UK (or World) ranking in the month shown (based on current RAC):

(BOLD = ranking position could soon change !)

Tanpaku (Nov 06 )

For the following projects, we may be overtaken in the month shown:
(orange = World rank at risk)

Tanpaku (Oct 06 )
Docking (Oct 06 )
PrimeGrid (Nov 06 )
Malaria (Nov 06 )
VTU (Nov 06 )
Project Neuron (Nov 06 )

QMC (Nov 06 )
Tanpaku (Nov 06 )

It is therefore my suggestion that for November, any spare crunching capacity be dedicated to:

Docking, Malaria, PrimeGrid, Project Neuron, QMC, Tanpaku and VTU to preserve our relevant UK and/or World ranking positions.

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:22 am, edited 5 times in total.
Temujin

Re: The View from the Bridge (November)

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Predictor (Dec 69 )
I bet OCUK are quaking in their boots :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: The View from the Bridge (November)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:I bet OCUK are quaking in their boots :D
Too right as well !!!!

regards

Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hmmm...

Did you miss out 'Spinhenge' just to annoy me? :D
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Hmmm...
Did you miss out 'Spinhenge' just to annoy me? :D
Not really, as I also missed out Proteins, SIMAP and probably a few others. And in these cases, our RAC is much greater than the team immediately above us, so we are already "on track" to pass the next team above anyway.  :D

And what was really "pushing" me along on this, is the issue with regards to what will happen during November.

By doing a report one week before the end of the month before, is to give people who want to participate the chance to clear their cache and get some WU's from any relevant projects.

Also, looking at Darren's stats, by Nov thanks to you (and others), we should have moved up a World ranking position by then anyways. 8)

regards

Tim
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

According to BOINCstats, WE are going to lose a world ranking position on BBC CCE in 21 days, though Darren's stats say they'll overtake us in Feb 07.  :?

And the Scottish Boinc Team have more than double our RAC.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

BBC style WU's are no on normal CPDN, as the BBC prjoect will not be open for ever it might be best to carry on doing CPDN and whoever has a BBC WU to just carry on with it for now then move over to CPDN
James Box

Post by James Box »

Tanpaku is rather unfortunate....

We are due to overtake the no1 UK team on Nov 9, but we will be overtaken by the no3 UK team on Nov 7 :!:
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

And Lookers have entered themselves as an International team and have a higher RAC than us see http://boincstats.com/stats/compare_gra ... %5B%5D=155
That is a team I would rather we were not overtaken by it is just too embarassing  :oops:
ajh

Post by ajh »

Just moving over to crunching some Tanpaku now.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Docking@home..Looks like we are about to move up a place in the world rankings only 1.17 credits to go. So although we may then get "taken from behind" we will hold on to 16th overall. :lol:
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Now Hewlett-Packard are history I've been looking forward and http://boincstats.com/stats/compare_gra ... %5B%5D=214

Einstein at home appear to have lost speed so much that the next target might be our old friend Russia. :roll:
And tomorrow is the end of October, the last main day for SAP and Halloween, time for trick or treat, in this case maybe a little result (for SAP) and credit treat, as the credits have dropped so much the last few days http://boincstats.com/stats/project_graph.php?pr=sap  :cry: :wink:

[ EDIT ]
After only doing about 60k a day Einstein have decided to almost double their work in the last day. Otherwise we would be passed them now http://boincstats.com/stats/boinc_team_ ... o&id=10682 :x
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:Docking@home..Looks like we are about to move up a place in the world rankings only 1.17 credits to go. So although we may then get "taken from behind" we will hold on to 16th overall. :lol:
And another team eats our docking dust as we take 14th in the world and only 10.15 credits to take 13th place :lol:  :lol:
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Without pausing for breath the 13th team in the world is run through with the UBT docking sword  :lol:  although with a near 3000 credit gap 12th place may take a while.
UBT-mark3346

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

and a quick Docking hat trick sees us move to 9th place in the world and there are now no teams between us and scottish boinc.  :lol: