Graphics Under A Service

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Ian SB.

Graphics Under A Service

Post by Ian SB. »

I've been reading your boards for a few days and think you have a great team and forum.  I'm currently with Team England for the CPDN project but would like to join you when I've completed a model.

Anyways, I saw the Master was missing out on graphics
I get this problem as well - except for me BOINC is set up as a service and so it doesn't show the graphics at all (for any project !!).
and wondered if thiswas of use.

Regards
Ian SB
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Graphics Under A Service

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Guest wrote:I've been reading your boards for a few days and think you have a great team and forum. I'm currently with Team England for the CPDN project but would like to join you when I've completed a model.

Anyways, I saw the Master was missing out on graphics

and wondered if thiswas of use.

Regards
Ian SB

Hi "Ian SB"

Thanks for the msg and compliments.

That's a good link you've found - thanks !

Once I have finished helping to get Rosetta providing some decent WU's which don't error at 1%, then I'll be re-installing BOINC as a service again and will try the WIKI suggestion.

FYI:

1) You can join this forum at any time - even if you are a member of another team.

2) You can switch Teams at any time - but did you know that, with CPDN, no matter what time you switch teams, ALL the CPDN credits leave that team straight away.

So, if you are planning on joining us - JOIN UP NOW, as the nett result will be the same as all your CPDN credits will be transaferred over here.

And the bonus is that as a contributing UBT member, you will get access to the "hidden bit" of the forum - where we talk about.....

(big drum roll)

BOINC !!

regards,

Tim

Graphics Under A Service

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the invite to the forum, Tim - I'm going to take you up on that, but I think I must stay with Team England for the time being (loyalty, commitment...you know the sort of thing!). Can't wait to see what you're hiding in the drum rolls though!

Ian SB
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

As the Master said I would defect now in CPDN's case as the WU credits are transferred to the new team, you can easily change teams with no affect to the WU you are crunching now
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Guest wrote:Thanks for the invite to the forum, Tim - I'm going to take you up on that, but I think I must stay with Team England for the time being (loyalty, commitment...you know the sort of thing!). Can't wait to see what you're hiding in the drum rolls though!

Ian SB
Hi Ian,

I'm sure we can persuade you to switch teams sooner - obviously, if your 4,309 credits came over NOW, then we'd get into 3rd place in UK sooner.

And you would have my never-ending gratitude for helping us to get there.....

But, I'll let other members chastise you about that...

For now, please join up to the forum - today even - I might even let you "into" the hidden bit as you've been so positive about the team......!

(Have to speak to the powers that be on that - no promises here !!)

regards,

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

UBT - Timbo wrote:But, I'll let other members chastise you about that...
There is no need to be loyal to a team on CPDN as all your credits are moved to the team team so been loyal doesn't really count in this case :P

If it were another project fair enough, so come on over when your ready

So come on in so we can abolish the competition :violent3: