McAfee Total Protection

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Halifax-lad

McAfee Total Protection

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Right I got rid of my Internet Security product provided by my cable company today as it does not have wireless support at the moment

So for now I have a free service from Trend Micro came with the router, has anyone tried this, think I may buy it
James Box

Post by James Box »

O...k... I guess they really are out to get you.
UBT - Halifax-lad

James Box wrote:O...k... I guess they really are out to get you.
:?  :?
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

60 quid!???!!

Just cos you're getting paid tomorrow doesn't mean you have to spend it! :D
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

Got paid today already spent £150 of it  :lol:  :lol:  more to be spent tomorrow and the day after
James Box

Post by James Box »

I just have a firewall built in to my dsl modem, with a few select ports opened to my Linux server which has its own firewall. Virus-scan all incoming email and downloads. Wireless router is encrypted.

If someone really wants to hack my network, there's not much to find
UBT - Halifax-lad

Well I currently have 3 firewalls the router has 2, and then theres my normal firewall on my system.

Don't mind the price tag, its a small price to pay really
UBT - PaulT

Post by UBT - PaulT »

Save your money Dave.

I've been using wireless for about 2 years now and still use AVG and Sygate on my windows box and only run AVG on my Linux box so as not to unintentionally email a virus to anyone else.

You are at no more of a threat now than you were before going wireless.
James Box

Post by James Box »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Well I currently have 3 firewalls the router has 2, and then theres my normal firewall on my system.

Don't mind the price tag, its a small price to pay really
If you don't mind throwing your money away on something you don't really need and just slows your system down, go right ahead...
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - PaulT wrote:You are at no more of a threat now than you were before going wireless.
Its been something I have been thinking of doing for a while changing to someone else the router just kind of spurred me on to finally doing it. It seems to have a lot of features built in, lots of buttons for me to click :lol:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

If you want some buttons to click I'll send you some - £20 each sound good?

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:If you want some buttins to click I'll send you some - £20 each sound good?
What are buttins :?:  :lol:  :lol:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

It's all bobbins anyway :D

(I can sell you some of them as well if you want!)

Image Image

UBT - PaulT

Post by UBT - PaulT »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Well I currently have 3 firewalls the router has 2, and then theres my normal firewall on my system.
What are you trying to hide?

You only need 1 firewall mate.  

If you were a big multi national organisation with trade secrets to hide fair enougth, but for a home PC, I do think your going a bit too far
UBT - Halifax-Lad wrote:Its been something I have been thinking of doing for a while changing to someone else the router just kind of spurred me on to finally doing it. It seems to have a lot of features built in, lots of buttons for me to click
A router is a router, be it wired or wireless.  By all means change your software if you have no confidence with your current setup, but £60 seems a bit much when you can get the same for nowt.  

Sygate was discontinued ages ago but I still have complete faith in it.
UBT - Halifax-lad

I don't have faith in my ex-provider seen as though my web browser was hi-jacked not so many weeks ago, something that should not have happened at all.

Not my problem I have 2 firewalls on the router it came that way there activated and I can't be arsed switching them off.
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:It's all bobbins anyway :D

(I can sell you some of them as well if you want!)
A package deal then :roll: