PS3 - did anyone get one (and a FREE TV + cab home??)

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

PS3 - did anyone get one (and a FREE TV + cab home??)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Wondered if we can count anyone in our midst who got a PS3 and a free 46" HD TV and a taxi home last night/early this morning???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6474045.stm

Can't be bad......wonder how long it'll take before the TV's are on eBay??

regards

Tim
AndyJG247

Post by AndyJG247 »

Got a PS3 but couldn't afford to leave work to wait in the queue.  Sad thing is I had to get it sent to my folks house as I couldn't trust my local post so I won't see it for a week at least  :(
Fair play to Sony for the TVs tho
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

AndyJG247 wrote:
Fair play to Sony for the TVs tho
Good marketing on their part, not only tax deductable but worth a fortune in free advertising which for once they almost need as there was nothing like the feeding frenzy they would normally get (and this will do no harm for the Playstation 4 launch...have it delivered or queue and maybe get £2.5k worth of telly free..hmmmm  tough one).
AndyJG247

Post by AndyJG247 »

If I had known before then I think I would have a TV now.... but then thats the benefit of hindsight
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:Good marketing on their part, not only tax deductable but worth a fortune in free advertising which for once they almost need as there was nothing like the feeding frenzy they would normally get (and this will do no harm for the Playstation 4 launch...have it delivered or queue and maybe get £2.5k worth of telly free..hmmmm  tough one).
By the time the PS4 comes along, I think you'll get a free 4x4 to drive home in, coz they won't be able to give gas guzzlers away by then....!

regards

Tim