just joined

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
R.Burrows

just joined

Post by R.Burrows »

just joined the team.

i used to run the sewti program a while back but lost the account due to someone stealing the pc but that matters not as im back and hope with the new set up we can really make a diffrence
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Hello and welcome. If you have any problems this is the place to find answers :!:
Never asked anything yet that another member of the team did not know how to sort out.
May your stay be long and your crunching happy.
Timby

Post by Timby »

Image Let’s hope your stay is enjoyable and that no one takes this PC. As The Prof said it’s a friendly bunch and should you want any help just ask.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Welcome to the team
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Hi and welcome.

It might be a bit late but this story might have helped if the stolen computer was still working with SETI and the thief used it.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Image Enjoy your stay and lets hope you keep hold of this PC.

Gary.
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Image to our team... may your stay be a long one. If you need any help just shout there will be always someone to give you a helping hand  :)

bob  :D
R.Burrows

Post by R.Burrows »

thanks for the warm welcome and i won't be living untill there is no more life to find.

onething i would like to ask is there anyway to stop the new screen saver frome rocking as i used to like looking at it now and again but now it just gives me a head ache
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Hi and welcome what screensaver are you refrering to ?

Terry
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

I would assume the SETI one as that rocks/spins around (I have it disabled so cannot check but it used to do that)
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

R.Burrows wrote:thanks for the warm welcome and i won't be living untill there is no more life to find.

onething i would like to ask is there anyway to stop the new screen saver frome rocking as i used to like looking at it now and again but now it just gives me a head ache
I hate it as well. Don't do SETI often but I think if you go to the seti home page and log into your account....

'your account>SETI@Home preferences>edit SETI@Home preference - set 'graphics preferences to 'custom' - Update then edit again. Then you can set the vertical and horizontal oscillations, I assume setting them all to '0' will stop it.

Update preferences at the bottom - then go to the BOINC manager and from the 'projects' page (make sure that SETI is selected in the main window)  'update' that as well.

That should do it.

If you've set separate preferences for home, school or work you will have to do the same with them.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Welcome to the team :hello2: