Falklands 25th Anniversary

Add links or just chat about things you've found elsewhere on the web...or just add a "plug" for a local event happening near you...!
smith639

Falklands 25th Anniversary

Post by smith639 »

Hi, those who have read my profile may know that I served in the Falklands conflict 25 years ago.

To mark the 25th anniversary there are a series of events nationally. The conflict cost the lives of 253 British servicemen, though sadly far more than that have took their own lives in the meantime, usually due to PTSD and other unseen effects of conflict.

I unashamedly ask that you consider supporting any local events, or maybe visit the SAMA 82 website http://www.sama82.org/

In turn I have posted on the SAMA forum an article on BOINC, and of course the UK BOINC Team in particluar.

Thanks in anticipation

Ron Smith
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Will probably get along to this event:-

Falklands Task Force Rugby XV vs Penguin International RFC, Saturday 16th June 2007 Kick-Off 16:00hrs at Harlequins Rugby Ground, The Twickenham Stoop
smith639

Post by smith639 »

Thank you Rod

Ron
ghosttrain

Post by ghosttrain »

As a proud ex RMP with two tours of NI in the early '70s, I'm not every squaddies cup of tea, but will try to make Twickenham.
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Check out FalklandsTaskForceRugby for more details and to order tickets.

As an avid London Wasps supporter and the fact that Josh Lewsey is supporting it, that's enough for me (also supportd by Richard Hill,but I don't like Glozza at the moment).

The Taskforce team will consist of a number of veterans from the campaign some of whom have played in the Premiership. The Penguins are an 'invitation' team, with a number of internationals at their disposal from uk/nz/sa/nz maoris. Military rugby man who have played for the club over the past decade include Rob Wainwright, Josh Lewsey, Howard Graham, Andy Dawling, Saola Roko, Martin Lacy, and Jope Ledua.

Should be a fun game, and the result is uncertain.

Hopefully given the low price of the tickets, we can donate extra on the day.