split accounts

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
dtp

split accounts

Post by dtp »

:? I've got two projects running and each are attached to "Team UK Boinc" but the results are split?

Do you get ranked differently on each project or as one?

Can someone help?
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

HI dtp, you will get a separate  project rank for both projects , But you should also be able to get a combined rank for them as long as both projects are on the same email address and member name .

Also go here for a signature http://signature.ukboincteam.com

If you have any problems....theres loads of people in this team that are happy to help
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Hi dtp
You have different CPIDs for your ABC and Einstein accounts which is why they aren't being combined.
As mickyb69 says its because you've used different email addresses on the 2 accounts.

Just set them both to the same email address and your stats will be combined.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

As above. But be patient, it'll not happen straight away! :D
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Don`t you believe it! I have had 2 CPIDs for at least 6 months and it WON`T correct itself unless you`re very lucky.
I have always used the same  e mail address and password on all my projects.

Rick.
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

I thought it did correct itself but you need to have 1 computer connected to both your projects, and then complete a wu for each project.
The CPID which is the oldest should then take precedent.
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

UBT - JohnR wrote:I thought it did correct itself but you need to have 1 computer connected to both your projects, and then complete a wu for each project.
The CPID which is the oldest should then take precedent.
That`s exactly what used to happen, but every time I start a new project, I get a different CPID. At one time, I had 4 CPIDs on the go, but as far as I know, I`m down to  2 now!
You are supposed to be able to amend your BOINC account so that all your projects appear in a single CPID, but the account page doesn`t seem to be working in my case.

Rick.