UP 2 places on World Ranking Position (by year end?)

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

UP 2 places on World Ranking Position (by year end?)

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

We have a very real chance to move up TWO positions by year end.

Check out this ranking chart here

Position - Team Name - Total Credits
#28 - Special Off Topic - 119,739,273
#29 - USA - 119,242,800
#30 - UK BOINC Team - 117,773,692

#32 - Easynews - 112,286,985

Our RAC is higher than both the teams immediately ahead of us....while Easynews ARE catching up :-(, but may not pass us until 2008...:oops:

Keep on crunching !!

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Just a shame the PS3 couldn't help contribute to the project like Folding@Home  :cry:  Otherwise, we would see the crunching go up 10 fold!

Still, looks like we could do it...  Just set BOINC to use 100% cpu power on Christmas day and cook the turkey on the PC whilst your at it! Energy efficiency and donating to a good cause. Win / Win  :P
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Ben wrote:Just a shame the PS3 couldn't help contribute to the project like Folding@Home  :cry:  Otherwise, we would see the crunching go up 10 fold!

Still, looks like we could do it...  Just set BOINC to use 100% cpu power on Christmas day and cook the turkey on the PC whilst your at it! Energy efficiency and donating to a good cause. Win / Win  :P
Hi Ben,

It's an idea with some questionable merit to it...!

However, for the mentally challenged out there, I would just like to point out that cooking your Christmas meal, by leaving your turkey on top of your PC is NOT a good idea...unless the PC happens to be in the middle of a large hot oven (around 220C, Gas mark 8) at the time....

But then the PC might become a molten mess, which the turkey would sink into, potentially leading to a nasty metal/plastic/turkey mix, which may not be that digestible....so, you have been warned.

There's that the Health & Safety issue dealt with...!

Any recipes for Christmas Pudding a la flambe'ed keyboard ??

regards

Tim
Ben

Post by Ben »

Ah yeah, something i overlooked. Knew it was too good to be true  :lol: But i suppose if for some strange reason your PC was at about 220 degrees then i think we would have the king of crunchers.

P.S - Add cream to the keyboard. Custard tastes a bit funny on melted plastic.
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Guess if you have a Dell laptop that could cook your turkey.
And also your goose....
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

NaRyan wrote:Guess if you have a Dell laptop that could cook your turkey.
And also your goose....
Hi,

Would that be those Dell laptops whose batteries sort of exploded ???

regards

Tim
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

220 c hmmmm . My lads back from uni and keeps leaving his acer lappy on the bed, I think maybe if i put a nice big pot full of water on top of it there should be enough heat to sort a nice joint of pig out .

Know it all kids quote of the day ..My lappys running slow because my sister touched it ,Nothing to do with the glowing case due to a pillow over the fan vent . :lol: