Auto upload progam?

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
NaRyan

Auto upload progam?

Post by NaRyan »

'ello peeps just me asking questions again (nowt new there :P)

I'm looking for a program that can auto upload some html files to my webspace, I have tried looking but google has been about as much use as a fart in a huricaine, loads of warez links & adult related stuff.
And the ones I did find either did not work for me, since I use Win XP x64, and they all wanted Win 9x or NT4, others cost silly money, some cost daft money (£99.99) and some cost yer left errr leg ($499.99!!!!!)

So if you know of a (hopefully free) program please let me know :)
All I want it for is for this, and it's just 8 files that get updated every 5 minutes.

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

I upload files to one of my sites using ftp from my linux box, all run automatically by cron

Its been a while since i've done it  but I would've thought you could write a batch file that will ftp your files for you and then schedule the batch file, no need for 3rd party software.
Timby

Post by Timby »

Not sure about the FTP prog I use but you can have a look at it:

http://www.freshwebmaster.com/freshftp.html  Free

http://www.smartftp.com/download/  Free to try but £20 for licence 64bit os
Might be of some help ?
Ben

Post by Ben »

I also had that problem where i wanted to upload using FTP. In the end i made myself a FTP program, which was ok but not brilliant. I'll have a look around for it and see if i can re-modify it to make it work better.  :)
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

a quick google found this which explains how to make ftp run with a script, looks to do exactly what you want.

I don't know if Win XP x64 comes with ftp installed, what happens when you type ftp in a command prompt?
If you have ftp installed, you should get a prompt like ftp>  (just type quit to get out of it)

Assuming you've got ftp installed, you just need to knock up a script with your settings and files in and then schedule it, easy peasy :D