AMD Users have gone back to "International"

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

AMD Users have gone back to "International"

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

See what happens when it comes to real "team work" ??

When we did a little Press Release to say we were the FIRST UK Team to break the 100 million credit mark, a few other teams that have UK members switched back to being UK teams....

This included AMD Users.

Some teams THINK they can overcome UBT, but they can't...! and it looks like AMD Users have now returned to being "International"....

Can't stand the heat, eh guys ???

PS For those browsing this forum - let's put this into perspective....UBT produces nearly double the credits per day of any other UK team.

So why join a "no hope" team, when you could join the BEST UK BOINC Team, based on daily credits.... !

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Fighting talk!  :D *Hip Hip*
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Ha Ha  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: poor things ...Best thing for them , saves them heartbreak later on  :wink:
Beerknurd

Post by Beerknurd »

These posts are completely pointless... Sounds to me like you are just trying to start crap...

So I guess what I am trying to say is.... Who cares what "Region" we place ourselves in. We have members from all over the world.

Regardless... Congratulations on being the FIRST UK Team to break the 100 million credit mark.

That's a great accomplishment.
Drezha
Phoenix Rising team member

Post by Drezha »

But aren't OCUk 70 million points ahead of you and thus would have been the first to reach 100k million?

I know your out producing them now anyhow. But it's certainly some hefty figures.

I'll stick with Phoenix Rising. Smaller team but we're only 7 places behind you in world BOINC rankings :wink:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Drezha wrote:But aren't OCUk 70 million points ahead of you and thus would have been the first to reach 100k million?
True - except they've been an International ranked team for ages...so they can't really take the honour, can they?
Drezha wrote:I know your out producing them now anyhow. But it's certainly some hefty figures.

I'll stick with Phoenix Rising. Smaller team but we're only 7 places behind you in world BOINC rankings :wink:
It's no problem....it's all a bit of fun anyways, coz in the end, the competitive spirit we generate produces better results for the projects...which is what it's all about, surely?

regards

Tim
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Beerknurd wrote:These posts are completely pointless... Sounds to me like you are just trying to start crap...

So I guess what I am trying to say is.... Who cares what "Region" we place ourselves in. We have members from all over the world.

Regardless... Congratulations on being the FIRST UK Team to break the 100 million credit mark.

That's a great accomplishment.
Hi,

Thanks for your kind words....we were certainly pleased to break the 100 million "barrier" and as such were happy to generate a little bit of publicity for BOINC.

TBH, I'm not trying to "start crap" - merely generating some enthusiasm for our team, now that AMD Users has gone back to being an International team - after all, you and UBT are/were both running "neck and neck" on daily RAC.....so, we were keen to show you a clean pair of heels and keep ahead of you guys.

Now, we don't need to worry so much :-)

As for the region stuff....sure, at the end of the day it doesn't really matter, whether you are #1 team in any particular ranking - or #2538. As long as you are making an effort to help others, then that's great.

PS Thanks for making the effort to air your views - it's always useful to get another perspective on things.

regards

Tim
Drezha
Phoenix Rising team member

Post by Drezha »

UBT - Timbo wrote: True - except they've been an International ranked team for ages...so they can't really take the honour, can they?
To be honest I haven't been following them that closely...Just looked on BoincStats today and it showed them as UK :wink:
UBT - Timbo wrote: It's no problem....it's all a bit of fun anyways, coz in the end, the competitive spirit we generate produces better results for the projects...which is what it's all about, surely?

regards

Tim
Of course!
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Drezha wrote:
UBT - Timbo wrote: True - except they've been an International ranked team for ages...so they can't really take the honour, can they?
To be honest I haven't been following them that closely...Just looked on BoincStats today and it showed them as UK :wink:
Hi,

Sorry my bad English.

I should have said originally:

"They HAD been an International team for ages before they switched back to being UK, just after we announced we had made the 100 million mark."

I say this if only to clear up any possible confusion, coz BOINCstats doesn't record when teams switch their country allegiances.... :-)

regards

Tim
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Still ............tiss funny and gets people talking ImageImageImage