Fix your monitor? I can do it!

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Fix your monitor? I can do it!

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Had a bit of a mishap with my monitor this morning. While have a tidy round I managed to push one of the pins into the cable housing - result? No signal. It was pushed too far back to pull out with long nose pliers so I had to cut off the plastic housing and metal shielding and push the pin back that way. Hey it worked - sort of. A really noisy image - not nice to look at for long.

I wanted an excuse to get a new monitor - so, after a little research I ended up at Tesco of all places! Back up and running again. Black really is black now and not a dark grey! Nice!

I've just had another look at the cabling of the old monitor and I noticed there was a couple of bare wires soldered together and realised that they were supposed to be connected to the earth braiding. Connected them with a bit of Gaffa tape (I know!) and now I got that one working again. It's a bit Heath-Robinson but it works.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image