Milkyway Driver Help

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Ben

Milkyway Driver Help

Post by Ben »

I updated my ATI graphics driver to 9.5 to stay up to date with the latest device drivers, however it has caused a problem with the Milkyway@Home project. It now keeps coming up with the error of this program has stopped working etc..

I know why it is because i had to copy + rename 3 ATI files in order to get it to work, however i can't remember for the life of me what they were. So could anybody help me out and tell me the 3 that i need to rename? Saves me having to trawl through the messy MW@H forum. Thanks!
Temujin

Re: Milkyway Driver Help

Post by Temujin »

Ben wrote:I updated my ATI graphics driver to 9.5 to stay up to date with the latest device drivers, however it has caused a problem with the Milkyway@Home project. It now keeps coming up with the error of this program has stopped working etc..

I know why it is because i had to copy + rename 3 ATI files in order to get it to work, however i can't remember for the life of me what they were. So could anybody help me out and tell me the 3 that i need to rename? Saves me having to trawl through the messy MW@H forum. Thanks!
From their forum
ATI/AMD renamed the CAL libraries with the latest driver release. To get the GPU app running,
duplicate the following files in your Windows\system32 folder (the suffix "64" applies only to
64Bit systems):

aticalrt.dll or aticalrt64.dll
aticalcl.dll or aticalcl64.dll
aticaldd.dll or aticaldd64.dll

Now Rename the copies to

amdcalrt.dll or amdcalrt64.dll
amdcalcl.dll or amdcalcl64.dll
amdcaldd.dll or amdcaldd64.dll

that should do the trick
Ben

Post by Ben »

A god amongst boinc'ers. Thanks John  :D
Ben

Post by Ben »

I have put together a program tonight which will do the simple task of:
> Finding if the files exist in the system directory
> Copy the files
> Rename the files
> Check the copy was carried out successfully

This has been designed to work with BOTH 32-bit and 64-bit, and i shall release a BETA tomorrow evening if anyone wants to have a test.