Optimised SIMAP App

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Optimised SIMAP App

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

In case anyone has not noticed yet there is a optimised APP for SIMAP from akosf, the current version is here http://eclient.tvn.hu/sim_16.zip just do the same as the one you do with Einstein.

Download the file, stop BOINC if SIMAP is running, open up the BOINC file find the file for SIMAP and put the downloaded Optimised App into the folder ensuring you overwrite the existing file.

I have not had a SIMAP WU in a while am waiting for BOINC to get around to it so have not tried it myself but it does work according to the feedback in the forum

Note: This is Windows only
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Ta V mucho   :thumbleft:
UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke

Post by UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke »

:shock:

Mmmmm, does it have any particular requirements to run e.g. processor type? I've just tried it on my AMD 550 and while it was giving a "to completion" time of 4 hours 45 minutes it was completing in 35 seconds - less time than it took to download the WU in the first place. Call me grumpy and old but that looks a bit fishy to me!
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke wrote::shock:

Mmmmm, does it have any particular requirements to run e.g. processor type? I've just tried it on my AMD 550 and while it was giving a "to completion" time of 4 hours 45 minutes it was completing in 35 seconds - less time than it took to download the WU in the first place. Call me grumpy and old but that looks a bit fishy to me!
Read the forum over there all the info you could ever need as to processor types is in the link I put in this post above
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I'm a credit hog and I don't care!

Since Halifax put up the link my RAC has increased from around 200 to over 400. I'm down to 1 computer at the mo otherwise it'd be higher still. Claiming very small amounts of credits, but as there is a quorum system the credit granted is nearly always a lot more - around 3 or 4 times claimed.

Now I don't know if the optimised client is working right (I assume it  is) but this might be a good one for the crunch (or unofficial mini crunch)! We can get a HUGE increase in RAC for the team before Sztaki realise what's happening and, maybe, upgrade their client so that the WU credits drop overall.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image