Top 100 in team

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Chris
Active UBT Contributor 5+ yrs

Top 100 in team

Post by UBT - Chris »

It appears that, overnight, I have hit the UBT top 100, currently ranked at 99 :D
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Congratulations Chris, only to be expected if you go up 4,000+ places in a week though! :D
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Well done Chris  :thumbup:
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Thanks, Guys :D and Woodles, I only did that because BS messed up my credits, and took away ALL of my BU ones ;)
'UBT - Chris' is my old name - I now crunch as 'CaffeinatedSloth' but I'm still 100% UBT :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Chris,

Well done....onwards and upwards as they say :)

re: BOINCstats

The problem is that the stats website are dependant on each BOINC project to tally all their stats on a regular basis. But that can be problematic, esp if a particular BOINC project is very popular...and of course, compiling the stats on each project website takes time and processing power.

So, it's not a surprise if the individual stats "drop out" once in a while.

Likewise, BOINCstats website only does their stats updates perhaps once or twice a day....so, they will always be "behind", simply due to the amount of number crunching and stats analysis that BOINCstats must do.

The main things is that there are a few stats websites, such as Temujin's, Munday's, Free-DC - so as long as you keep an eye on some of them, then you can be sure that your crunching is being tallied somewhere !!

regards
Tim
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

Cool - thanks, Woodles - could UBT propose a new campaign on BU - BOINC Stats Server Upgrade - it would mean that we raise money so that BS can upgrade ALL of their hardware, and make it so that the stats are updated more frequently?...
Woodles
UBT Contributor

Post by Woodles »

Hi Chris,

BoincStats have already had one campaign for a server hard disc subsystem, I think there's more deserving causes.

Besides, I think the main problem would be bandwidth rather than processing hardware.

Mark
UBT - Chris

Post by UBT - Chris »

True - good point - didn't think of that...