Whoops

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Whoops

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

10,000 bags misplaced at airports

How the hell can so many bags go missing?
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

connecting flights being cancelled, delayed slow luggage check in, mistakes etc.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Still it doesn't take much to bring in staff and ensure all bags are either taken to where they need to go or all left securely somewhere with someone watching over them.

Very bad emergency planning by whoever's fault it is

If they can't handle all that luggage coming in tell people rather then fly them out with no luggage at all
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

Bad planning probably, but if a company planned for every little thing thaat could happen in there line of work then they'll spend more time planning/training then actually running there business. They had a few hours warning (probably) and had to do a quick decision which causes mistakes..  Your also looking at having a 'couple' of guys watching over this luggage which could be there for a week or more. Lets just be glad they put in these extra precautions when they did or we could be talking about 100's if not 1000's of people dead.
UBT - Halifax-lad

:lol:  :lol:  Yes the procedures that are now going as it adds on too much time for check-in. :shock:  Just waiting for something to happen now :roll:
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

The one thing that did surprise me, was the fact after 9/11 flying to the states was still pretty easy going, just an extra metal detecter and hand luggage check and through. (I flew I think it was the 20th of September 01) barely a couple of days after the flights re-started. Now that wasnt a nice time to fly still have the nice 'security' sticker that they stuck on my passport when they confirmed i hadnt packed a knife,gun etc ;)