4oD

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Halifax-lad

4oD

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

4oD is making its debut to a Windows PC near you as from next week, if you have cable then you can access 4oD from your cable provider already

4oD
James Box

Post by James Box »

Nobody thinks about us expats :(
Be resident in the UK or Eire
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Can hear the small miniature violins in the distance  :lol:

Not missing too much really its mega slow downloads, but at least I have it on demand through cable.
gregoryw
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by gregoryw »

James Box wrote:Nobody thinks about us expats :(
Be resident in the UK or Eire
'tis due to licensing of programmes.
James Box

Post by James Box »

Yeah, I know.

I wish the exchange rate wasn't so bad. Makes it very expensive to buy anything in the UK right now.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

James Box wrote:Yeah, I know.

I wish the exchange rate wasn't so bad. Makes it very expensive to buy anything in the UK right now.
But what's the betting that US company products don't come down in price as a result...... :cry:

On the other hand, it makes Christmas shopping in New York really cheap.....! (if you can get a cheap flight).

regards

Tim
UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
On the other hand, it makes Christmas shopping in New York really cheap.....! (if you can get a cheap flight).
When the exchange rate is very low all the airlines impose fuel surcharges because of the extra cost for the fuel which is always priced in US$. So, what is the opposite of a surcharge and why doesn't it exist?

Chris.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:
UBT - Timbo wrote:
When the exchange rate is very low all the airlines impose fuel surcharges because of the extra cost for the fuel which is always priced in US$. So, what is the opposite of a surcharge and why doesn't it exist?

Chris.
It does exist - it's called profiteering!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image