Welcome DavidH

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
Timby

Welcome DavidH

Post by Timby »

Image and Image to the best team in the UK. Lets hope your stay is long and enjoyable.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Welcome aboard David :wave:
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

Cheers thanks very much, good to be here.  

I have been looking around for a different distributed computing effort for a while now.

I have been involved with donating my cycles for a few years now, on grid, UD and mainly distributed.net.  Got very bored once the team i was in (Prof james cahllis most excellent team) moved all forums etc over to cix boards which i didnt have access to.

Currently i have subscribed to spinhenge and QMC, seems like some of my spinhenge results are already up, hopefully QMC will be crediting as the registration initially put me down as david (whilst showing davidh)

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to selecting all / being selective with projects i wnat to donate time to ?

OK im going to install boinc on another pc now

Anything i shuold be reading to orientate myself ?
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Imageto our team... may your stay be a long one. If you need any help just shout there will be always someone to give you a helping hand..   :)

bob   :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

DavidH wrote:Currently i have subscribed to spinhenge and QMC, seems like some of my spinhenge results are already up, hopefully QMC will be crediting as the registration initially put me down as david (whilst showing davidh)
It looks like your cross project IDs (CPIDs) have aligned across all 3 projects you've joined UBT with (Spinhenge, QMC & ABC), so its looking good :thumbup:
Is there any advantage/disadvantage to selecting all / being selective with projects i wnat to donate time to ?
Thats totally up to you mate.
Some project offer more credits/CPU than others, some take 10 seconds/WU (BelgianBeer), some take months/WU (CPDN).
Some run better in windows while others run better in linux. Some prefer AMD cpus while others like Intel.

A few UBT members run every project and some only run 1

There's a whole gamut of projects out there to suit everybody.
Take your pick :D
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

OK thanks.

My main interests lie in chemistry / biochemistry - i did tinker with some molecular modelling at university which got me into crunching in the first place.  Although all pure science subjects fascinate me, so it will be hard for me to limit myself to only several projects.

I just read the post-it about ABC, so im dumping all my cycles into that for now.
Timby

Post by Timby »

DavidH wrote:OK thanks.

My main interests lie in chemistry / biochemistry - i did tinker with some molecular modelling at university which got me into crunching in the first place.  Although all pure science subjects fascinate me, so it will be hard for me to limit myself to only several projects.

I just read the post-it about ABC, so im dumping all my cycles into that for now.
Hi David, good to have you in the team, looks like you have a few projects to choose from, as you will see from some of our sigs we do swap around a bit but my main project is ABC.
So a big thank you for attaching to this one and if you need any help or advice please feel free to post or even a PM.

Cheers

Mark
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Welcome to the team :D
sigma-7

Post by sigma-7 »

Greetz and welcome to the team :D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »