Elite

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Elite

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

Don't know if anyone can help me here but here goes...

Just recently I rediscovered my BBC micro that I haven't used for about 15 years now. To my amazement I found that it still worked! It boots and reads discs etc.

So. I inserted my Elite game disc and found it still works which brought the memories flooding back. Unfortunately though, not all of them and I'm having a bit of difficulty remembering all the commands, especially for combat. I've got all the function keys sussed and the basic moving keys but I'm getting seven colours knocked out of me when the bandits turn up!

Can anyone remember how to launch a missile? I've got 3 of them and they're currently as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chris.
sigma-7

Post by sigma-7 »

This page may help
http://tamias.co.uk/elite/
UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

Brilliant! Thanks for the pointer, most helpful.

Chris.
sigma-7

Post by sigma-7 »

Glad to be of help :D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I've just downloaded VegaStrike from your linked page, sigma, so thanks from me as well! :D
jaysback

Post by jaysback »

I remember those days at school with the bbc b playing that and chuckie egg. lol

Things have moved on a little since then.
This is what takes up my spare time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJuqJnGTc8o