MILESTONE: DAVE IRISH GETS THE BIG ONE

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

MILESTONE: DAVE IRISH GETS THE BIG ONE

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Congratulations on reaching 1,000,000 credits, may there be many more  :wav:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Well done Dave Image
UBT's 18th millionaire :thumbup:
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

Nice 1 dave  :thumbleft:  :thumbleft:  :thumbleft:  :wav:  :occasion7:
Timby

Post by Timby »

ImageImageImageImage Nice one Dave and welcome to the club  :lol:  ImageImageImageImage
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Well done Dave hope t be there myself before too long :lol:

Terry
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Congratulations Dave and well done :wav:

regards

John
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Well Done Dave! :thumbright:  :headbang:  :hello1:  :notworthy:  :occasion9:  :occasion5:  :occasion7:
UBT - Granville

DAVE IRISH GETS THE BIG ONE

Post by UBT - Granville »

Well done
:toothy7: :toothy7: :toothy7:
sigma-7

Post by sigma-7 »

Congratulations on reaching the big 1 :wav:
Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

Post by Sir Cracked of the Mind »

Well done Dave, with that many points you must have found the little green men and cured them of something.
jaysback

Post by jaysback »

Well done dude. :)
UBT - Knightlight

Post by UBT - Knightlight »

:shock:  Well done.

One day I will be in that club, its like waiting for a birthday or Christmas, sleepless nights, counting down the time till the day arrives, or perhaps I'm just a little do lally.

Anyway, well done on reaching that 1mil goal.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Not long 'til your million comes up, Knightlight! :D

I've been looking at the photos of the Trans-Am and reading how you got it into the country. Brilliant pics, but one question about the alterations you had to make. I can understand the running lights needing attention but I'm confused by the need for side repeaters? I always thought that if they weren't fitted by the manufacturer as standard, then they weren't needed for the UK MOT test? I know this is the case regarding British Classic Cars :)
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

melter65 wrote:I always thought that if they weren't fitted by the manufacturer as standard, then they weren't needed for the UK MOT test? I know this is the case regarding British Classic Cars :)
I could well be wrong as I know nothing about the subject really :D but I would've thought that, using your example, they would bring in a legal requirement for side repeaters (assuming indicators) to be effective from a certain date and only cars manufactured/registered before that date would be exempt.
My 1st car was a 1960 VW Beetle and it didn't have seat belts fitted because they became a requirement after 1960 where as beetles after the requrement had them fitted, obviously :?
UBT - Knightlight

Post by UBT - Knightlight »

melter65 wrote:Not long 'til your million comes up, Knightlight! :D

I've been looking at the photos of the Trans-Am and reading how you got it into the country. Brilliant pics, but one question about the alterations you had to make. I can understand the running lights needing attention but I'm confused by the need for side repeaters? I always thought that if they weren't fitted by the manufacturer as standard, then they weren't needed for the UK MOT test? I know this is the case regarding British Classic Cars :)
Good question, and you are correct. They are not needed for a UK MOT test.

The car has to pass an SVA test. This is a test to test exhasut loudness, can you see much out of the rear view mirrors, are the tyres speed rated for the max speed of the car.
The SVA test is more along the lines of design tests. I'm not sure which vehicles have to go in for it, I think its up to 10 years old. Mine was 2 years old at the time.
I almost failed on the tyre test, as I had to wreite down the top speed of the car, I put down 150mph, but later found out the tyres were rated for 149mph. It did fail on white side lights as the side lights must be visible on the first click on the light switch, if I go two clicks and back one, then side lights are one and lights popped up, but nope they fail that.
The side repeaters have to be visible from 10 meters from the back of the car and 5meters awat from the side of the car. All these angles they had marked out on the floor. The SVA test is extremly picky.

If only the car was older I could do more to the engine. My freind has a 60's mustang, the the emmisions test is just a visual one, if you see smoke it fails, later models its a gas sniffer test.

I've got many more photos and videos, I need to update the website, got some dynogrpahs and videos of drag racing and smoking the tyres, also have a CCTV camera mounted in the front of the car which I can record where I'm going on the laptop.  Obviously I don't tape any high speed runs, but even doing 70mph 3 inchs from the ground looks dam fast.

Not long to my million now, perhaps it will happen tommorow. Looking forward to getting my star in my sig  8)
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Ah! The car already had side-repeaters but they didn't comply with the SVA test? :roll:

I thought that the MOT test was bad enough, with it's stupid little rules. I mean, what's wrong with having to slap the off-side back light cluster to make the off-side back light work? :scratch:

Temujin, our first family car was a 1.2 Lada saloon, hastily bought when Our Lass got to 6mths and was in danger of sliding off the back of the GS850 every time we set off! There were no rear seatbelts fitted so I had to fit some aftermarket ones to strap the kiddie seat in the back! :lol:  :lol: