Hot Rod

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
Rockinfroggi

Hot Rod

Post by Rockinfroggi »

OK Rodney you plonker, care to share what ever you are feeding the UotD Gods?

Well done on your treble and may you have many more (after I catch up that is)  :wink:

Gary.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Chelsea and Man Utd couldn't get the treble so stand aside for Sir Rod. :wav:
RodEllery

Re: Hot Rod

Post by RodEllery »

:kermit: wrote:Well done on your treble and may you have many more (after I catch up that is).

Thank Gary.  It's the May Day midnight amphibian sacrifice that seemed to do the trick. :wink:
Rockinfroggi

Re: Hot Rod

Post by Rockinfroggi »

RodEllery wrote:
:kermit: wrote:Well done on your treble and may you have many more (after I catch up that is).

Thank Gary.  It's the May Day midnight amphibian sacrifice that seemed to do the trick. :wink:
Image May you suffer bum boils hence forth ye heathen and a plague of tadpoles to rain upon thee.

Spermit The Frog.
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Well done mate   :!:
An excellent treble  :D
Been a while since I had the same but it's a great feeling  :P
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

3 again today, 9 in the last seven days, what's your secret?  :o
ghosttrain

Post by ghosttrain »

nice one Rod
UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

Further congrats to Rod for entering the top 10! A great achievement.

Chris.
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

(Belated) thanks to all.

I don't count the treble last Wednesday as one of them was a 'rollover' from the previous day.

It feels great to have acheived my objective of getting in the top ten and will be backing off for a while just getting enough to maintain or resume that position. (unless of course one of you lot overtake me and takes 2nd pos in UBT).  Top slot must be left for Mike who taight me all I know about UotD. Thanks Mike.

I would also like to thank my family who have supported me throughout this endeavor and my cats for not walking over the keyboard too often.

I've spent the last few days researching the proposition that there is a correlation between UotD success and drinking lots of decent beer. Although more research is necessary but initial results seem to bode well.

Thanks again to all.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

RodEllery wrote:......I've spent the last few days researching the proposition that there is a correlation between UotD success and drinking lots of decent beer. Although more research is necessary but initial results seem to bode well.

Thanks again to all.
I'll be checking out this proposition over the next few days at the Cambridge Beer Festival (until 26th May). Now in it's 34th year !!

If my UOTD rankings improve (over the next few days) as a result, then this will help to prove Rod's theory.

regards,

Tim
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Thanks for your involvement in this worthwhile project.

I was talking to the Cambridge site team on Saturday and all looks well for the week, not the mud-bath they had last year.  

A van-load of the crew at the Ealing festival set off for Cambridge yesterday so don't over-research or a few of me mates will eject you. I was asked to be there but after last week's research coupled with being the night-watchman at the site my body needs time to recover.

Enjoy your assignment, and if you can find some way of getting the project an SSRC grant it would be much appreciated.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Just to return back to the thread...

Congratulations to Rod for making it into the Top 10!

So - we've now got 20% of the top 10.

Darren, DJ and Froggie aren't far behind - go guy's!!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Thanks Mike.

Another thought:-  We're only 207 UotDs behind BOINC Synergy and are earning twice the number per week as they are. (we got 26 in last 7 days they only got 13).  So in about 16 weeks we could topple them from their No1 position despite their having about twice the membership!  Go for it chaps.