UBT Millionaires Club

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

UBT Millionaires Club

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

Seems quite a few members have started hitting the 1,000,000 mark for their individual total credits....

check this: here

So, I thought that it would be nice to start up the UBT Millionaires Club to honour such an achievement.

Not quite sure how/what this honour might involve...I've got some ideas myself...but I would be grateful for others to chip in as well...

regards,

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Some little plaque or emblem to add to their sig would be a start, as suggested by Timby some time ago :?:

Gary.
Timby

Post by Timby »

http://www.legionxxiv.org/numerals/  What about a Roman feel to the award?

M  is the correct way to display 1000000 ?

Just a thought as its small and easy to add!!

Milonius Timbious  Image
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Timby wrote:http://www.legionxxiv.org/numerals/  What about a Roman feel to the award?

M  is the correct way to display 1000000 ?

Just a thought as its small and easy to add!!

Mark  Image

Simple but neat, could go on the top bar of the sig like the donation star?

Gary.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:Some little plaque or emblem to add to their sig would be a start, as sugested by Timby some time ago :?:

Gary.
Hi Gary,

Yup - I had thought of that one, as it would be quite easy to do...and it's a fairly public "award" meaning wherever it was seen, it would be "noticed".

So, I think this is a "given".

But what else can we do? Short of giving these members a monthly subscription to "Hobnobs Today", is there anything else we could do (that sadly wouldn't cost a lot?).

- Perhaps some suitable wording in their profile? (If it can fit, along with all the other stuff).
- Maybe a special section of the forum (so they can brag amongst themselves :wink: ?)
- Perhaps we can design a nice Avatar for them?
- Put their name forward for the Queens Birthday/New Years Awards?

Anything else?

regards,

Tim
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
Rockinfroggi wrote:Some little plaque or emblem to add to their sig would be a start, as sugested by Timby some time ago :?:

Gary.
Hi Gary,

Yup - I had thought of that one, as it would be quite easy to do...and it's a fairly public "award" meaning wherever it was seen, it would be "noticed".

So, I think this is a "given".

But what else can we do? Short of giving these members a monthly subscription to "Hobnobs Today", is there anything else we could do (that sadly wouldn't cost a lot?).

- Perhaps some suitable wording in their profile? (If it can fit, along with all the other stuff).
- Maybe a special section of the forum (so they can brag amongst themselves :wink: ?)
- Perhaps we can design a nice Avatar for them?
- Put their name forward for the Queens Birthday/New Years Awards?

Anything else?

regards,

Tim
I'll try to put some suggestions forward if I can get my feeble brain in gear, but hopefully some of the more intelligent members will contribute.

Rusty Brain.
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Rockinfroggi wrote: Simple but neat, could go on the top bar of the sig like the donation star?

Gary.
I agree that there should be some special recognition for the teams millionaires. However, what with the advance of processing power in the average PC, and the simple passing of time, most UBT members will eventually make it to the million mark (I'm currently on course to reach that target somewhere about 2015 :shock: , but I expect I'll have upgraded to something a little more powerful by then 8) ).

So simple and neat definitely gets my vote. :thumbleft:

James.
Last edited by Joshrandom on Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

What about their own colour for their names on the forum?

ie; blue=user, green=moderator, pink=founder, *****=millionaire
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:Simple but neat, could go on the top bar of the sig like the donation star?

Gary.
Hi all,

If you've not figured it out yet, Darren has kindly modified the top bar of the UBT stats logo as follows:

Members who have donated to the UBT fund now have a £ rather than a *

Members who have achieved over 1,000,000 credits, now have a *, coz they are real stars....!

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Knightlight

Post by UBT - Knightlight »

I'll soon be there myself. I'll keep a look out for my shiny star.

Happily crunching away.  :)
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Not long now, Mr Light! :D