TSBT Competition - UBT Members welcome to enter.

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
megacruncher
The Scottish BOINC Team member

TSBT Competition - UBT Members welcome to enter.

Post by megacruncher »

Soon TSBT will overtake UK Boinc Team to become the top team in the UK. Sorry, but that's the fact of it.  :lol:

To mark this occasion I've arranged a competition which I've generously, or maybe that is it provocatively, decided should be open to active members of both teams.

So get yourself here to have a chance of winning a valuable prize.
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

Now there's a challenge .... and a chance to take £15 off a Scot can hardly be passed by!  :lol:

So come on guys, if we have to lose our no 1 spot let's at least see one of our members make 'em hurt.  :D
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

hgblade wrote:Now there's a challenge .... and a chance to take £15 off a Scot can hardly be passed by!  :lol:
A generous Scotsman, now there`s a thing!

Nearly as unlikely as a profligate Yorkshireman.  :shock:

I`ll guess September 4th at noon.
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:
I`ll guess September 4th at noon.
Think you've got to place your guess via megacruncher's link, Rick.

This does require membership admission to TSBT's message boards and I'm still waiting for their admin to let me in. (Maybe it's a ploy to limit the number of non TSBT entries, thus increasing the chance of the loot staying north of the border  :evil: )
megacruncher

Post by megacruncher »

I can take entries from here & add them to the thread on the TSBT forum if need be.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:Nearly as unlikely as a profligate Yorkshireman.  :shock:
I had to look that up! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hi Megacruncher, my guess would be 6th Sept @ 17.00hrs :D
JockMacMad

Post by JockMacMad »

Hmm that puts me in a dilema do I agree or no.

As a Scot that spent some time growing up looking over the edge and down (and I mean altitude not attitude lol) onto Halifax I may well have to agree lol
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

megacruncher wrote:I can take entries from here & add them to the thread on the TSBT forum if need be.
With the gap just over the 2 million mark, I'll go for 23.00 on 3rd Sept.

I did try and calculate when we'd catch you back up again, but according to my slide rule that will happen some time in November 1976, so I guess the damn thing must be faulty. :shock:
megacruncher

Post by megacruncher »

Ahh! A dilemma: Doing the late night round up I found this. Now, the only problem is that over on the TSBT forum someone else snaffled 2300. He posted a few minutes after you but I found his post first & given that he did post directly into the TSBT forum & is someone who lives across town & whom I have met a few times  I  have given him 2300 and instead have allocated you 2100, which is the best serious prospect left.

I hope this is okay. If it's not then you'll just have to remember that it is my competition so I'll toy with the competitors as my whim dictates. :wink:[/quote]
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I think you've just been worked over, Mr Random! :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

megacruncher wrote:
Ahh! A dilemma: Doing the late night round up I found this. Now, the only problem is that over on the TSBT forum someone else snaffled 2300. He posted a few minutes after you but I found his post first & given that he did post directly into the TSBT forum & is someone who lives across town & whom I have met a few times  I  have given him 2300 and instead have allocated you 2100, which is the best serious prospect left.

I hope this is okay. If it's not then you'll just have to remember that it is my competition so I'll toy with the competitors as my whim dictates. :wink:
At this point 2100 is still looking good, so I'm happy (well as happy as I can be under the circumstances).  :wink:
Mr Melter wrote:I think you've just been worked over, Mr Random! :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
Well it's only a friendly game of chance Mr Melter, and it's not as though there's any cheese at stake.   :toothy5:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Or HobNobs!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Dang it! I thought I had it for a moment there.  :(
megacruncher

Post by megacruncher »

You were 16K away from bagging the prize so I, with my high-handed arbitary reallocation of your guess, almost did you a favour. 2300 would have had you a relatively distant 126K after the event.

Anyway thanks for supporting the competion guys & don't feel too bad about UK#2: We look forward to your fight back or at very least lots of sport on individual projects. I'm sure that you'll follow us up the world rankings &, already, having 2 teams in the top 20 is a pretty respectable position for the UK.
Ben

Post by Ben »

Well done  :) At least you guys are good banter! Who won the bet in the end?
UBT - Rick Horn

Congratulations TSBT on being the top UK ranking team.

UBT are still the BEST team in the UK though.  :D
megacruncher

Post by megacruncher »

Pinkpenguin won the comp.
As for what is the best team- that will always be a matter of partisan opinion!
UBT - Rick Horn

How true.

Hard luck with the world cup by the way. (again!)