Optimum

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
bosh

Optimum

Post by bosh »

What are the optimum settings on boinc? ie the settting which would get me the most credit? Assuming im not bothered about my system being slow?

I have Boinc set to "run always" and network activity always available....but what about all the setting on the boinc site?

Also i will be without the net for a month...is it possible to download a heap of work before i lose my connection?
Temujin

Re: Optimum

Post by Temujin »

bosh wrote:What are the optimum settings on boinc? ie the settting which would get me the most credit? Assuming im not bothered about my system being slow?

I have Boinc set to "run always" and network activity always available....but what about all the setting on the boinc site?

Also i will be without the net for a month...is it possible to download a heap of work before i lose my connection?
Hi bosh
I don't think theres much you can do on the website to improve your RAC, your already crunching 100%
As for being off the net, you could set your Connect to network about every setting to the maximum of 10 days, after that, your going to run out of work.
And also probably be outside the report deadline (certainly for seti).
You could try Climate Prediction which has much longer deadlines.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

As john said there isn't anything you can really tweak for your settings most of that is for people who have dial-up and only want to crunch during a certain time

You can download days worth of Data for a project, if you change your settings to that then any other projects would also download days worth

Most WU's though have a deadline of roughly 2 weeks or less so if your offline for a whole month these WU's will expire and won't be worth anything as they will be re-issued again.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Optimum

Post by UBT - Timbo »

bosh wrote:What are the optimum settings on boinc? ie the settting which would get me the most credit? Assuming im not bothered about my system being slow? I have Boinc set to "run always" and network activity always available....but what about all the setting on the boinc site?

Of course, you could alway register for CPDN, Attribution or BBC.

Download their work before you lose the connection, and then crunch to your hearts content - the work takes about a year to complete, but even if you are offline for two/three/four months, you'll still get credit when you eventually go back on line.

PS Only my FACE is BLUE - the rest of me is TURGID YELLOW !!

regards,

The one and only Bourgeoisie Blue Faced Man!!
bosh

Post by bosh »

I apprecaitee the fact that you have helped me despite the fact that we are in the middle of a Jihad and you are my swore enemy........it show you have character depth.

As for considering climate change and what not.....it aint gunna happen im a Rosetta only kinda guy.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

bosh wrote:As for considering climate change and what not.....it aint gunna happen im a Rosetta only kinda guy.
It will be a case of not running Rosetta then whilst you have no internet connection, will give the machine a rest